Saturday, November 30, 2013

Benelli Keeway TX200, Ride To Genting Highlands.

Benelli TX200 on a less traveled road.
After a ride to Fraser's Hill, my CBR friend wasn't very happy. Had already made arrangement to ride up Genting Highlands on the Fraser Hill ride itself. Received a call from him 9.30 am and requested to meet at 10.30 at MRR2 Safari. I got myself prepare, my motorcycle riding gear and waited for him. Got a call from my friend, says he shall be late, so I change the meeting place to the Shell station just before we enter Karak highway. Started off slowly. When I arrived, surprise, I saw 2 shell station side by side. I choose the second station, since there is a 7/11. Bad choice. I did a fill up on the TX 200, the pump did not stop automatically, over spilled petrol all over the tank. RM$ 9.30 (RON 95, no fill up from prevoiuse Fraser ride). Had to clean up with clean water, but the smell is still there. Check out the tire pressure, then went for a drink and an ice cream.
Benelli, cool air, clear sky.

My CBR friend arrived at 11.00 am and off we go. He fill up after the karak highway toll. There is a BPH station with a Oldtown White Coffee outlet. I guess this should be a better meeting point. Shall meet here on any Eastern ride.
Bamboo Orchid with Benelli TX200.

Riding on MRR2 and Karak highway was a breeze. Gear 4 & 5 cruising at 90 ~ 100 km/h. On an up hill over taking, lots of heavy truck/buses, I dropped it to 3rd. Most of the road are wide, but traffic is rather heavy.
Benelli, abandon mill.

We took the bypass before the tunnel. Going up to Genting, road are wide, long sweep, uneven (certain section). There were also lots of traffic, some high power cars, taking fast long sweep corners. I couldn't maximize the the corners and have to bank on keeping much to "my" lane. Being inexperience on the Benelli TX200 I just couldn't find the correct gear. 1st being too tall, no speed. 2 & 3, not enough torque to power out of corner. Was struggling. My CBR friend was having a good time. Having plenty of torque, he can maximize the corner, taking the outer lane, bank in, then powering out. Upon reaching the mid section, it's some down hill, here the TX 200 perform better as it has sufficient torque to power out of the corners. The 2nd up hill section, I had the same problem again but it's getting better, still wrong gear most of the time, also am worrying about those fast cars. Today it's rather cold, but no fog.
Keeway Benelli.

Stayed for a while. Couldn't find a good spot to park and have a drink. We made arrangement to lunch at Gotong Jaya. It rained and we chat for a while. Met up with a Singaporean motorcyclist, BMW GS 1200. Riding Singapore, Genting Highlands, Malacca, Singapore. We exchange Motorcycle stories, compared bike / motorcycle parts prices...... Our new friend left when the rain got lighter as he was in full (rain) gear. We stayed until the rain stopped. Eating in Gotong Jaya is rather pricey, maybe it's tourist's price or Big Biker's price. A fried Fresh Prawn Mee (very big prawn) for 2 person, with Chinese tea cost us RM$ 63.00.

Started off the down hill ride very slow as the road was wet. It was much better, but there are just too many speed breaker for motorcycle. It's before and after all corners. Some even have double speed breakers. It's still ok being a light bike, I can maneuver over those. I wonder how my friend handle those speed breakers. Had to slow down to even 1st gear. Stand on the foot peg ease going over the speed breaker.

My CBR friend over took me on a straight and off he went. Met up with him when he slowed down along the Karak highway and signal that he's going off. He then speed off. It was so hot after the cool weather at Genting. Riding home was hot, as it's going down hill to the Klang valley. I tried 110 km/h, there wasn't much vibration (downhill). I rode home using MRR2, traffic were extremely heavy. Stopped at Petron (MRR2) did a fill up, slowly as I don't want it to spill again. RM$8.30 (RON 95). Home I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment