Monday, June 9, 2014

Australian Avocado.

Since I've not been able to source overseas avocado planting material, I've decided to try some out of seeds. Managed to get some seeds of Avocado from a friend. These were kept in the fridge. I collected them, had them skinned and dipped them in water. Shall try to bring these back to my nursery and have them germinated as soon as possible.

These seeds do look different from our Borneo Avocado.

Hopefully they can germinate.
I now have about 26 seeds of unknown varieties but of Australia origin. Am only guessing that these could be Hass. Hope to germinate as much of them as possible, plant them and make them grow fast.

Some of the seeds had cracked and roots growing.
Didn't expect these small seeds to sprout so soon.

Some seeds cracked into 2.


Had been away from our farm lately. Looking forward to my next trip as I've got many things in my head that I want to do at the farm.
 Just got in a second batch last night. Had them skinned and soak in water. Guess there are about 50 seeds.
Another batch of 50 Australian seeds.
 The more the merrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment