Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Durian, Black Thorn, Duri Hitam, Ochee, 黑刺.

Our prized collection of Black Thorn.

Oooh, Durian, my favorite.

Black Thorn, runner up in 2011 and was awarded Durian Champion in 2012.  Taste is described as sweet with a bitter trialing taste. Texture is creamy, sticky & orange in flesh. Fruit is roundish, about 2.5 to 3.0 kg in weight.

Market  price is higher than Musang King. Let's hope ours grow well.

Also brought in more Musang King, my favorite. These shall be for me to learn durian grafting. All of these are rather small and shall take a while

8 comments:

  1. Hello.. nice blog.. do u sell durian ochee seedlings? Hope to hear from you soon.. tq

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, our Black thorn are still too small to harvest scion from, hence can not propagate yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I come from VietNam. Do you sell Musang King seedlings? Hope to hear you soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Khoi Nguyen,
      Sorry, I don't. But it's easily available in most Nurseries in Malaysia. It is also available in Thailand & Indonesia too.

      Delete
  4. Hello, where is your durian farm in keningau? Can i visit your trees? I am planning a durian farm in keningau.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Duane,
    Thank you for your interest. I am not in my farm at the moment as I had came back to Kuala Lumpur to work since 2015 Sept. My farm is at Kampung Bunang, about 29 Km from Keningau.
    I am not too sure how is my durian trees at the moment.
    I am schedule to be relocate back to Ranau, Sabah after the CNY. Kindly contact me via What'sApp 016 3261829 and we can always share information.
    Which part of Keningau are you from? Previously I used to stay at Patikang Ulu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Raymond! I'm coming to Keningau to hunt for durians with some Western friends. I run the blog www.yearofthedurian.com which is all about traveling for durians! Would love to meet you and learn more about your projects. I tried to add you on WhatsApp but the number doesn't seem to be listed. Anyway if you want to meet up contact me on WhatsApp at +15419309095 thanks!

      Delete
  6. selamat tghri tuan..masi ada duri hitam ka kita jual?

    ReplyDelete