Thursday, April 16, 2015

Figs Going To The Ground.

We are left with Pinggo De Mel (Drop Of Honey), Black Mission, Breba Branca and an Unknow ID Portugal Fig.
Pinggo De Mel.

Only Pinggo De Mel had bear fruit and I had tasted it. It is refreshing, but not as the name suggested, A drop of honey. I don't feel that it is that sweet. Black Mission bore fruits but dropped. Brena Branca & Unknown are still having fruits, yet to ripe.
Pinggo De Mel, so juicy & refreshing.

We had managed to propagate 2 baby Pinggo De Mel. I start on these as am certain that it can fruit in our condition.
Baby Pinggo Number 1.

Had transferred the Pinggo & Black Mission into the farm and had them planted on the ground. Shall check back next month on their progress in their new home.

Mama Pinggo Number 1.
While transferring I inspected the roots, it is developed, but not the much. I shall have to modify the media so as the roots shall grow better on the newer potting. 
Black Mission going into ground on a cliff.

Black Mission going into rocky ground.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job you are doing with your experimental farming. Such an extensive collections of fruit trees. Would you care to reveal the sources of your plants and clones? In other words, where do you get them from in Sabah? If you imported them, what is the survival rate after DoA quarantine? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your visit Onnfoh Yu, The figs were bought from ebay and was posted in. As I was really new and inexperience in Fig, most of them expired. Being new in this, include not knowing really good suppliers, as some arrived already expired.
    No, it did not went to quarantine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Raymondetc. Thanks for replying. DoA of Sabah insisted that I go through them when importing plants or it will confiscate the plants, fine me and do you know what. I am now in limbo because of that. I see the durians (musang king and black thorn) clones you got have soil and bags on them. Where did you get them? I need some. I have plenty of avocados to plant too. Its hard to get farm helping hand here in Sandakan. Would you care to sell me some of the clones you have in your possessions? I am in Facebook and Google hangout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Onnfoh Yu, can't find you on FB. Please check Google Hangout thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Raymondetc. Reading through your post, am I correct to assume that you have bought fig cuttings online?. I would like to buy fig cutting from your farm. If you are located in kenningau, I would like to visit your farm if you have young fig for sale, if it is okey. Please info me. My email is abelgaban2@gmail.com. Tell me what fig you have and how much you are selling each. Tell me how you get to buy cutting from oversea. Thank you. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess you better buy it locally as some of the figs can fruit here. Sorry I don't have any to sell as they don't fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Raymontetc. Your blog has already inspired me to get into farming. I have a friend who started a fig farm in Indonesia. I need more research into this before i started to invest. Nice job brother.

    ReplyDelete