Wednesday, November 1, 2017

AgroSol tested on Figs in Malaysia

Bought home on 21st September 2017
One of the leafs has rust
Fig is a popular plants among planters in Malaysia. I myself started a couple of year ago, but dropped out as I felt that figs planted in Malaysia is not as tasty and we don't have the crunchy seeds.

With AgroSol, I obtained Fig to do a trial. 
 

This leaf was cut off and disposed on the 26th September. Had been spraying AgroSol, but plant is not responding. The only symptom that I see is the new buds and the leaves getting darker. Yet these buds are not growing.


 

I did a mini trials in a nursery at Sungai Buloh Fig Farm, lot 47-B. Figs responded with 14 days. New leaves, bigger leaves, fruits and new shoots.

I guess something is not right on my fig. I obtained 2 more plants to try.
26th October 2017, 1 month after the 1st Fig.
6 days latter, I can see some difference on the 2 new figs.
Am quite sure now there is something wrong with the 1st fig. I took the initiative of digging it out to check on the roots. I find the marcoting woven layer still intact. This is suppose to be bio-degradable, but the roots are confined inside. I cut off the woven layer and untangle the roots. Then repot.

Lets see in 3 weeks' time if this fig perform better. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. What product you can recommend to treat fig leave rust?

    ReplyDelete