Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, Hello 2014.

2013 was an eventful year.

Universal Studio, Singapore.

Koh Samui, Thailand.
Krabi, Thailand.

Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Center.
Had a couple of very memorable vacations with my love ones. Singapore, Koh Samui and Krabi, in Thailand and Sandakan.
 Night view of KLCC, Kuala Lumpur.

Took 4 months off and spent it with my loving wife. Strengthening our relationship, learn and care more about each other. One very important lesson learned is to always seek second medical opinion. Our deepest gratitude to Dr. Azis Yayha and Dr. Loh Chit Sin. This event made use closer and I find that I'm falling in love, all over again with my wife Alice. Thank you for loving me.


Read and started to practice some self improvement. Improving mostly my mental well being in a holistic approach. Adapting to our different life style as am passing 50 hence need to do things in a certain way. Came on a couple of very great books.

My bike.

Bought a per-owned motorcycle, had been wanting to for a long time. Event though it's not my wish bike, it's still a bike I like and I can use this in our farm (with some mod).
Double Rainbow over my little farm.

Finally, the time had come to say goodbye to my little farm. Decided not to resist the involuntary take over. Arrangement had been made for my helper. Am grateful and happy for him as through our discussion I learn that he is moving up to a higher plane. Wishing him good success.

Looking back, set up this farm back in February 2011 and was a tourist farmer then. Had to take over on October 2011 due to some turns of event. I was a newbie with no farming experience and this was when my Farming Quest started. It was a big challenge with 3 helpers and all of us no good farming experience. My little farm had taught us lots of valuable experiences in a relatively short time of 2 years. It took me from growing very short term vegetables to caring for long term fruit trees. Had also learn about weed & soil management, pest & disease control, germination & grafting. My little farm also gave me some valuable data on care of fruit trees like Avocado, Breadfruits, Jackfruit and Soursop. Most of these, I do not know until I came in contact with them. Thank you, thank you and thank you to my little farm.

My little farm had also gave me positive confidence to concentrate on my present fruit tree project of supplementing our rubber trees with Avocado, Jackfruit, and Soursop. This shall be my main quest for the time being. Very grateful to my little farm, it had given me a clearer vision of my wish farm.

Thank you 2013 for the progress that I've made, things that I've learned and our well being, on all my love ones.


Hello Mini Nursery.
I'm sure this parting from my little farm is part of my evolution, to move me on to a greater heights. This shall free me and let me concentrate on the longer term projects of our rubber and fruit trees. I also find more happiness and joy moving from the "competitive plane to a creative plane". Had been reading about this on a book by Rhonda Bryne- Secret but just couldn't grasp it, until now. Also shall prepare to start tapping of our rubber trees in stages beginning most probably June. I am already producing planting material for Avocado, Jackfruits, Soursop and Rubber trees. Successfully done micro-propagating of Banana. On going germination of Pomegranate (trial), grafting Rubber trees, Limes and Mango. All these, learned through My Little Farm. Thank you.Shall be operating our mini nursery at the little farm until end of the year (2014).

Had added more varieties of clones for Jackfuit and Avocado. Hope to create higher quality planting materials with these. On Jackfruit, am already producing grafts on clones J29 & J31. Targeting for clone J33 now (managed 1 at the moment). The newer clone for Jackfruit & Avocados shall have to wait, (until I can harvest scions). For the first six months of 2014, am targeting 50 grafted plants per month.
Practicing whip & tongue graft.

I shall need to improve more my grafting skill, which shall help me quickly develop our fruit / rubber trees project. Once I improve my skill, I shall be able to produce more planting materials for our farm. Working on finer points of grafting like sanitizing grafting tools and sealing off cuts on scions.

Land cleared for planting fruit trees.
Had cleared some vacant land at Parcel 1 and had already started planting. Once we fill up parcel 1 to the max, 2nd phase shall be Parcel 3, which we had identify some land in the inter terrace. Unfortunately about 40 grafted Avocado seedlings had be "lost" due to road maintenance. Shall replant with Jackfruits or Soursop as these can be pruned to a smaller canopy and not to cover up the road. Anticipating Parcel 3 to take us a while as we may clear some land to set up our new nursery too.

Looking forward to 2014, so excited to put our plan into action. It's gonna be our biggest challenge, to finish off planting for Parcel 1. Targeting to start tapping our rubber trees in June (stages). With 2 coming vacation with my love ones, Bangkok & Turkey, Life is great and full of excitement.

Reinforcing my vision of my wish farm. A very big farm with vast acreage, rows and rows of my favorite fruit trees, Durian, Jackfruits, Avocados, Soursop, Banana, Papaya and Rubber trees. Greenhouses to plant high value fruits, vegetables & herbs. A small river running across the land, supplying water for irrigation, aquaculture and running of a micro generator. A vast number of farm livestock, roaming freely. A small retirement / vacation home, perched on a small hill, with a small garden, swimming pool, a small open kitchen, a number of quest rooms, run by solar / wind power. Linked by both land lines and wireless communication. Dreaming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment