Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Micro Propagating Banana, Pisang Berangan, Musa cv Berangan Part 2.

Continue from Micro Propagating Banana, Pisang Berangan, Musa cv Berangan

The biggest banana corm, only 1 small suckling.
Went back to my little farm on the 4th December, check out the banana as I was clearing a small plot next to it to germinate the Pomegranate seeds from Turkey. Removed the old banana leafs that I used to cover the propagating corm. Saw the corm turned black and only small growth.

This banana corm has a suckling growing from the middle.
Another smaller corm, I damaged the suckling while clearing the patch.
Wasn't that great, 2 weeks and so little. left them without the dried banana leafs. It's still under the shade netting.
Then I notice more suckling and faster growth. I guess covering them up is a mistake.
4 days apart, but much more growth.
Counted 5 sucklings. I was so excited. Thank you.
Micro-propagation of Banana. 5 suckling + 3 about to shoot.
Last check on the 13th December. Counted 5 sucklings and 3 about to shoot. Shall be away from my little farm for a couple of days. Expecting more when I return. I consider this trial to be successful. Giving up 1 corm, I produced 8 sucklings, thank you so much.

The next stage shall be to wait for the sucklings to reach a height of about 2 feet, then repeat the procedure again. If I don't have further needs, I may just stop at this or may reduce it to 1 corm. More reports later. 

1 comment:

  1. useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog!..shade netting cape town

    ReplyDelete