Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Shipping Benelli Keeway TX200 From Kuala Lumpur To Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

As my intention was to ship the newly acquired bike to Sabah. I try searching for a cheap shipper. Air freight should be quite costly and most probably not within my budget. hence  sea freight it shall be.
Trying to ship Benelli TX200 to Sabah.

Contacted MDM Shipping Agency Sdn. Bhd. Got a quote.
1) Transportation - pickup by lorry - within KL/Selangor - RM 300.00

2) Shipping by container - 1 unit Keeway Tx200 - RM 1,300.00
including customs clearance, forwarding, documentation, handling and ocean freight to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

3) Transportation - delivery by lorry - within Kota Kinabalu - RM 300.00
 


This adds up to $2,200 not including insurance. I feel this is too much (for me) and is totally out of my budget. I was figuring that it's within $600 ~ $800. I inquired if there is a cheaper means. Shipping a superbike, they are charging $1,800.

I search further, then finally found  Amber Freight Management Sdn Bhd. They asked for the dimension, which was in the brochure.
Dry weight 135 Kg
Overall Length 2090 mm
Overall Wight 830 mm
Overall Height 1140 mm (I forgot about the box).
I was quoted approximately $650. 
This include crating and insurance is approximately $25.00
Condition is that I have to deliver the bike to their warehouse in 3 1/2 mile Jalan Kapar, Klang. Their shipment is on batch. The bike shall be left at their warehouse until they have 5 units of motorcycle then they shall ship. Could not estimate the time frame.
  Documents required:
1) Copy of owner's IC
2) Copy of Registration Card / Original if no loan.
3) Release/Consent Letter from Bank/Shop (if under loan).


I was initial planning that if I could get the bike over before December, then I shall use it to tour Sabah. On December I do not have any scheduled traveling. With no time frame, maybe I shall have to put this off for the time being until after March 2014. I shall most probably use the bike in Peninsular for the time being. I may have some time during Feb ~ March 2014.

In the meantime, joined the Keeway TX200 club and hope to enjoy the bike with fellow riders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment