Thursday, April 3, 2014

Avocado Cuttings.

Previously from Propagating Avocado Cuttings.

Six weeks has passed, since I started the Avocado cuttings.
 Comparison

I guess more than half died.
Made a quick count, 60% died. More are dying but some is definitely growing.

I would say that this is encouraging and warrant further trial / study. My check on the internet says that successful rate is less than 20%. Am expecting more to died off. The weather at the present is super hot, plus no rain. Irrigation is also erratic.

Planning for a 2nd test before I go off end of this month. Am thinking of more ways to control and improve success.

Kindly do comment and share ideas to improve success rate. Or if there is another method of cutting propagation that you may want to test. Am open to all suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment