Tuesday, April 8, 2014

My Turkish Fig In Sabah.

My Fig arrived in Sabah. Had to temporary store them first as I couldn't pot them yet. Also some are not ready (I think). I brought them over in a tupperware and left them in it.
Three of the Istanbul had rooted/ shows big calluses. Decided to pot these first.

An Acropolis and anther Istanbul rooted.

Potted them into poly bags.

Another 2 Acropolis had rooted. As per my discussion with my Fig friends, these Turkish fig is fast & easy rooter, thank you. Still have 6 in the tupperware, shall wait a couple of days more.

 Some of the leafs are starting to grow, light green.
The weather is getting hotter & dryer. It had now rained since I arrived, just drizzle for a couple of minutes. Luckily we had repaired the water supply (gravity feed) s I can water all the plants adequately.
My hygrometer shows temperature & relative humidity as low as 23.3 celcuis & 33%, and a high of 35.1 celcuis & 84%. The low relative humidity is too low. Tried individually wrapped each of the stubborn non-rooter with rooting hormone. Got a air pump, bubble through water to create a higher humidity. Managed to increase the room humidity of about 54% to 68%  in the bin (humidity chamber". Gonna leave them for a week, then check again. Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment